It is to be established within the scientific bodies of the Academy to promote, support, foster and broaden the scope of translation, within and outside the Kingdom in the Arabic, Amazigh languages and other world languages.
For this purpose, the Instance:
- Conducts or monitors the activities of translation of original scientific works, research and studies of reference in the various fields of science, thought, culture, heritage and civilization;
- encourages scientific research on questions concerning translation and its applications and works towards its development and improvement, in coordination with specialized international, foreign or national scientific bodies and institutions, in particular through the creation of specialized research laboratories in the field of translation applications and exchange between languages;
- the support for the formation of research and reflection groups on translation issues and the means to improve its processes according to the various scientific fields;
- the organization of national and international scientific meetings between translation practitioners on the one hand, and researchers interested in translation issues on the other hand, and work to document the exchanges between them with a view to improving translation work and broadening its scope;
- works, under the supervision of the Academy, for the publication of translated scientific works that the Academic Assembly decides to publish;
- organizes a national Award on behalf of the Academy for the best work in the field of translation;
- establishes scientific partnerships with bodies and institutions pursuing the same objectives with a view to exchanging expertise.